Nick Disabato, also known as Nick D, runs a small interaction design consultancy, Draft, that uses research-driven A/B tests to generate revenue for software companies and online stores. He's also the author of Cadence and Slang, a book on interaction design.
Today on the podcast he's going to share his research techniques and how he discovers buyer insights.
Nick and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- Where should we start when doing initial research?
- How to start low budget when gathering research (Using less than $200)
- Deeper research techniques
- How to ask non-leading questions
- What process Nick goes through to get insights for clients
- How Nick decides who to interview and how many
- How to decide what to ask in interviews
- The synthesis process
- Which characteristics of clients does Nick find useful
- Snake oil
- What Nick says when prospective clients ask for specific results
Recommendations and tools from Nick (and Liston) during this podcast episode include:
Get the Buyer Insights Email Course for free. Learn how to unearth your own buyer insights to more effectively sell and market in a way that's more customer-focused.