Is positioning really that important? Philip Morgan, author of The Positioning Manual, is here to tell you why it is.
Philip is a positioning specialist for professional development firms, in particular for software developers. Whether or not you're a developer, you'll get a lot out of this episode.
Philip and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- How solo and self employed people can position themselves better to get more clients
- The race to the bottom and how to beat it
- What clients and companies think about when looking to hire a professional (and how you can use that to position yourself)
- Why the skills and requirements in a job description may not necessarily be what a company is looking for
- How to make your services more valuable
- The question Philip asks all of his students
- Why companies fear narrowing down
- An example of a well-positioned company
- The Positioning Manual by Philip Morgan
- The Irresistable Offer by Mark Joyner
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim