This marketing podcast features expert interviews uncovering the hidden secrets of how and why people buy (or don't). Buyer Insights is hosted by CEO and Chief Creative at Good Funnel, Liston Witherill. Liston has helped many clients discover insights about their clients and customers. He uses this experience to talk with top guests about customer development, digital marketing, sales, psychology, conversion rate optimization, and more. Past guests have included Andrew Warner of Mixergy, David Darmanin of Hotjar, Sean D'Souza of Psychotactics, Al Mackin of Formisimo, Oli Gardner of Unbounce, and many more.
Andrew Warner is the host of the successful podcast Mixergy, where he has interviewed thousands of entrepreneurs and hosts courses that teach you about business. He's a successful businessman himself, and will bring some great insights to this episode of Buyer Insights.
Andrew and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- Why Andrew was disinterested in school and what he enjoyed instead
- How he started Mixergy and started interviewing business owners
- What Testing Tuesday is
- Why the world needs more superpowers
- Where most of Mixergy's revenue comes from
- How Andrew collects feedback and makes sense of it
- Why Andrew didn't want to get in the app business and then changed his mind
- The problem with CPM and audience numbers when it comes to getting advertisers
- Losing an advertiser
You can catch Andrew at Mixergy. Reach out to him on Twitter @Mixergy. Andrew's in San Francisco, let him know before you go and he'll meet up (as Liston attests to at the end of the episode).
Recommendations from Andrew (and Liston) during this podcast episode include:
- The Real Deal by James Caan (Andrew recommends listening to the audiobook)
For more episodes of Buyer Insights, head over to buyerinsightspodcast.com.
You can check out Good Funnel for conversion optimization and traffic info - for free.