Your forms can often make or break whether someone signs up or buys from you. Al Mackin, CEO of Formisimo and Nudgr, is here to help you optimize your forms to get more people to fill them out.
Al started out as a programmer and thought he'd end up continuing that work. Later on he learned about marketing and optimization, his true passion. He soon started his own agency, and now runs Formisimo, a tool that helps you optimize web forms, and Nudgr, machine learning that increases conversions.
Al and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- Online forms will have a dramatic impact on your online sales
- Generating data from your forms will get you closer to understanding what's going right (and wrong) with your forms
- Form data will tell you about the pain points people are having with your forms
- Every small change makes it easier for people to convert - keep doing more of that!
- Best practices won't always work; find true buyer insights by trying and testing
- Biggest mistake companies make: not talking to customers enough.
- How Formisimo can help you analyze your form data and improve the experience for your users
- Example of a client using Formisimo data to improve their form
- Predicting abandonment with Nudgr
- What you can do today to learn more about your buyers
Recommendations from Al (and Liston) during this podcast episode include:
- 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni