How do you make your design and strategy more about your customers? Jeff Gothelf, author of Lean UX and, Sense & Respond, is here today to give you insights into his customer-centric approach and lean UX.
Jeff is a leading expert of lean, in particular for UX and product development. He's also a speaker and organizational designer. In his 20 years of experience, he's helped bring a customer-centric approach to strategy, design, and leadership.
Jeff and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- How Jeff started out as a broke musician and fell into the web and into product design
- Why an industrial manufacturing mindset doesn't work well for software
- What the lean methodology is
- How do you balance innovating and still being able to talk to customers and test hypotheses?
- The customer questioning strategy that will lead to the most and best information
- What is it about enterprise that makes it hard to implement lean?
- Do larger teams tend to fall prey to group think?
- Why Jeff wrote Lean UX
- Lean UX by Jeff Gothelf
- Sense & Respond by Jeff Gothelf
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull